Tracx Systems Ltd is headquartered in Lethbridge, AB, Canada and our Services are provided to you by Tracx Systems Ltd.
Tracx Systems Ltd.
540 36 St N, Lethbridge,
AB T1H 5H6
Contact Number: 1-844-838-7229
Information TracxTMS Collects:
TracxTMS collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you. We receive information in a few different ways, including when you track, complete or upload activities using the Services. TracxTMS also collects information about how you use the Services. There are also several opportunities for you to share information about yourself, your friends, and your activities with TracxTMS. For example:
Account, Profile, Activity, and Use Information:
We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
We are not collecting any account related information through the TracxTMS application but we’re collecting from our cloud CMS called TraxTMS portal (https://cloud.tracxtms.com/).
We use your contact information so we can contact you when needed. For example, to respond to your support requests.
We collect and process location information when you Sign In for and use the Services. We do not track your device location while you are not using the Services. But in order to use our core features (e.g., GPS activity tracking, routes, etc.), it is necessary for you to permit us to track your device location while you use the Services. If you would like to stop the device location tracking, you may do so at any time by adjusting your device settings.
Content You Share
We gather information from the photos, documents and other content you share on the Services, including when you participate in routes.
We are not collecting information about your contacts and SMS.
Connected Devices and Apps
TracxTMS collects information from devices and apps you connect to TracxTMS Cloud and pass location related data to the cloud CMS while using route services.
We are not collecting any king of payment related information such as Credit Cards, etc.,
We are not using any kind of third-party services for Sign in and Sign Up. So, we’re also not collecting account related information from TracxTMS application.
Technical Information and Log Files
We collect information from your mobile device, which provides us with technical information when you access or use the Services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
The Services use log files. The information stored in those files includes Device ID, platform type, date/time stamp. This information is used to analyze and process the accurate data of routes services in our cloud TracxTMS platform. IP addresses may be linked to session IDs, athlete IDs and device identifiers.
How TracxTMS Uses Information
- Information We Collect
2.1 Account Information:
- When you register for our TracxTMS Software, we collect information such as your name, email address, company details, and contact information.
2.2 Vehicle and Fleet Data:
- Our software may collect data related to vehicles and fleets, including but not limited to location data, fuel consumption, maintenance records, and diagnostic information.
2.3 User Activity:
- We may collect information about your interactions with the TracxTMS Software, including log data, preferences, and settings.
2.4 Communication Data:
- If you contact us for support or other inquiries, we may collect information about your communication with us, including emails and any attachments.
- How We Use Information
3.1 Providing Fleet Management Services:
- We use the information to provide you with Fleet Management services, including tracking vehicle locations, managing maintenance schedules, and generating reports.
3.2 Improving Software Performance:
- We analyze data to enhance the performance and functionality of our TracxTMS Software. This may include troubleshooting, debugging, and optimizing features.
3.3 Customizing User Experience:
- We may use information to personalize your experience within the software, providing relevant features, recommendations, and settings based on your usage patterns.
- We may use your contact information to communicate with you about software updates, new features, and important announcements. You can opt out of non-essential communications.
3.5 Customer Support:
- Information provided during customer support interactions helps us address and resolve your inquiries, technical issues, or other concerns.
3.6 Legal Compliance:
- We may process your information to comply with legal obligations, including responding to lawful requests from authorities or enforcing our terms of service.
- How We Share Information
4.1 Service Providers:
- We may share information with third-party service providers who assist us in delivering, maintaining, and improving our Software.
4.2 Aggregated and De-Identified Data:
- We may share aggregated or de-identified data for research, analytics, or industry insights. This data will not personally identify you.
4.3 Legal Requirements:
- We may disclose your information if required by law, such as in response to a court order or other legal process.
4.4 Business Transfers:
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, we may transfer your information as part of the transaction. We will notify you of such changes.
- Your Choices and Rights
6.1 Access and Correction:
- You can access and correct your account information by logging into the TracxTMS Software or contacting our support team.
- You can opt-out of non-essential communications by adjusting your preferences in the software or unsubscribing from email communications.
6.3 Data Deletion:
- You can request the deletion of your account and associated data. However, certain data may be retained for legal or legitimate business purposes.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Software is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or process personal information from children.
- Contact Information
The Services are operated from Canada. If you are located outside of the Canada and choose to use the Services or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in Canada, as it is necessary to provide the Services and perform the Terms of Service.
Whenever we transfer personal data internationally, we use legal mechanisms, such as Standard Contractual Clauses, to ensure data transfers comply with applicable law.
Users of the Software must take reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of data stored or processed by the Software. We implement technical and organizational measures to safeguard your data. This includes encryption, access controls, and regular security assessments. Despite our efforts, no system can guarantee absolute security.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Using strong passwords that are changed regularly.
- Not sharing passwords or login information with others.
- Keeping software up to date with the latest security patches and updates.
- Reporting any security incidents or suspected security incidents to Tracx Systems Ltd.
UNACCEPTABLE USE OF THE SOFTWARE
The following uses of the Software are considered unacceptable:
- Using the Software for any illegal activities.
- Using the Software to store, process, or transmit data that is illegal, offensive, defamatory, or discriminatory.
- Using the Software in a way that interferes with the performance or availability of the Software or any other system or network.
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Software or any other system or network.
- Using the Software for any purposes that are not authorized by us.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE SOFTWARE
This section outlines the acceptable uses of TracxTMS, which is important to ensure that the Apple/Google App is being used in a legal, ethical, and secure manner. The following uses of TracxTMS are considered acceptable:
- Use of TracxTMS for the purposes for which it was intended: TracxTMS was developed to serve a specific purpose, or set of purposes, and users are expected to use the Apple/Google App for these purposes. These purposes could include, but are not limited to, tasks such as data analysis, communication, or document management.
- Use of TracxTMS for legitimate business purposes: TracxTMS may be used for legitimate business purposes, such as conducting Company operations, research, or other work-related tasks. It is important that users are able to demonstrate that their use of TracxTMS is directly related to their work and is not intended for personal use.
- Use of TracxTMS to store, process, or transmit data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations: When using TracxTMS to store, process, or transmit data, users must ensure that they are complying with applicable laws and regulations, including data privacy and security laws. This includes ensuring that any data is entered legally according to the local laws.
- Use of TracxTMS in compliance with this Policy, the terms of any applicable license agreement, and all applicable laws and regulations: Users of TracxTMS are expected to comply with this Policy, as well as any applicable license agreements and all applicable laws and regulations.
It is important to note that any use of TracxTMS that is not explicitly listed as an acceptable use is considered unacceptable and is strictly prohibited. Violations of this Policy may result in the suspension or termination of access to TracxTMS and other appropriate actions.
- The Software as provided will conform in all material respects with the Software Specification;
- The Software will be supplied free from Software Defects and will remain free from Software Defects;
- The Software will be supplied free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware and other malicious Apple/Google Apps; and
- The Software shall incorporate security features reflecting the requirements of good industry practice.
- We warrant that the Software, when used by you will not breach any applicable laws, statutes or regulations.
- The Software will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any person in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law.
It is important to ensure that only authorized users have access to TracxTMS. This means that only individuals who have received explicit permission from Tracx Systems Ltd. are allowed to use the Apple/Google App. The authorization process is typically managed by Tracx Systems Ltd. and may involve verifying the identity of the user, checking their credentials, and assessing their need for access to the Apple/Google App.
The authorization process is important because it helps to ensure that TracxTMS is being used in a manner that is consistent with its intended purposes and that users are complying with applicable laws and regulations. It also helps to prevent unauthorized access to the Apple/Google App, which could result in security breaches or other negative consequences.
In order to maintain the security and integrity of TracxTMS, it is important that only authorized users have access to the Apple/Google App. This means that users should not share their login credentials with others, and that they should take steps to ensure that their login information is kept secure. Additionally, Tracx Systems Ltd. may periodically review the list of authorized users to ensure that access to the Apple/Google App is limited to those who have a legitimate need for it.
Retention of Information:
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the Services to you and others, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information. Information associated with your account will generally be kept until it is no longer necessary to provide the Services or until your account is deleted or becomes inactive.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services to you may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights that are commercially valuable to TracxTMS, such as statistics of the use of the Services.
RIGHT TO AMEND OR TERMINATE THE POLICY
The Company reserves the right to modify, suspend, change, or terminate this Policy at any time, in accordance with local law. This Policy does not create any contractual rights or obligations, whether expressed or implied. Subject to local law, the English-language version will prevail.
Other TracxTMS Sites
Please be aware that any personal information you submit to the Other Sites may be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums indefinitely, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. TracxTMS is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit via the Other Sites.
LAST UPDATED ON: 13 December 2023